Friday, December 14, 2012

Head cracker Sept. 8th 2012

Madolyn was playing at the neighbors house while Dawn and I ran to look at some trees for a little bit.  We were gone for about 40 mins, and when we got back we found that Mads had a little accident.  No one is real sure how it happened, but we think that there may have been a staple or something sticking out of the back of the couch that she got sliced on while playing.  There was no bump, just a nice slice down to the skull.  She bled all over the place and luckily we have good neighbors that helped stop the bleeding.  We looked at it but it was all crusty and had hair stuck to it.  We waited for her to forget about it, so that night I cleaned it up and examined it.  We then realized it was a little deeper and wider than we originally thought.  We debated on whether we should take her to get stitches, but when I held it closed it looked good.  I knew we didn't have any super glue, but I did have some fletching glue for my arrows.  I held it shut and glued it together and it worked like a charm.  A couple of weeks later when the glue flaked off, the cut was healed and she has a thin little scar that is easily hidden in her hair.  


No comments: