I must be a glutton for punishment because I decided to take the little girls fishing. Ice fishing. By myself. Remarkably we had a great time. We took the little tent and set it up and watched Beauty and the Beast on our little DVD player while the little propane heater kept us warm. We even caught a fish which the little girls loved. Since it went so well I decided to do it a few more times. They are now hard core fishermen.
They loved getting pulled in the sled out to the ice. Notice the most important piece of equipment that I brought-the froggy potty.


The girls weren't real sure what to think of the fish once it was on the ice, but they loved telling everyone how they caught one.
Comfy chair? Check. Layers and layers of clothes? Check. Handful of licorice? Check.
After trying our luck and not catching anything at Strawberry, we decided to stop off at Deer Creek on the way home and try some soft water fishing from shore. Luck wasn't on our side there either. Avery did decide to trip and fall face first into the water though while trying to throw a stick. That was about the time we decided it was time to go.
On the Monday after New Year's we all went up to Currant Creek to do some more ice fishing. The little girls each got a little pink fishing pole that needed to be used. Avery loved really it in so I would drop the worm to the bottom of the lake and she would reel it in. As luck would have it, she caught a fish while reeling it in. She loved telling everyone how she caught a BIIIIIG fish. (It was about 12 inches long). We brought it home and made fish tacos, which she ate and enjoyed. Not a bad first fish for a two year old.
No comments:
Post a Comment